Canada Citizenship Immigration Services - move to Alberta with our service

Alberta is one of Canada’s most powerful provincial economies attracting newcomers from all over Canada as well as the rest of the world.

As a combined result of the number of jobs created by a strong economy, the number of temporary foreign workers in the province and the increased tightening of federal immigration programs, the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) has become one of Canada’s most popular immigrant recruitment programs.


Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program

The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is designed for individuals who possess the skills and abilities to fill labor shortages in Alberta. 

The AINP accepts skilled worker applications under the Opportunity Alberta stream and under the Express Entry system. It also operates one business program: the Self-employed Farmer stream.

The program is operated by the Alberta government in partnership with the IRCC. Interested candidates must follow a two-stage process:

  1. Apply for nomination with the provincial government
  2. If nominated – apply for permanent residence with the federal government.

The AINP accepts applications under three streams:  

Alberta Opportunity

The Alberta Opportunity stream is designed to attract experienced workers and skilled graduates to Alberta in order to fill vacancies throughout the province. 

  1. You need to have a work permit that enables you to reside and work in Canada for an eligible occupation. The majority of occupations under NOC skill level 0, A, B, C and D are eligible. See the list of ineligible occupations
  2. You may not have an active refugee claim, appeal, pr removal. 
  3. You must be residing legally in the province of Alberta.
  4. You must be employed and working in an eligible occupation. 
  5. You need to work at an occupation which matches your work experience
  6. If you are using a Post-Graduation Work Permit you will need to work at an occupation which matches your field of study in Alberta. 
  7. If you are using a Post-Graduation Work Permit and your occupation is on the government’s list of high-wage and low-wage occupations in Alberta you will not be eligible, as these professions are not in demand. 
  8. You must have minimal work experience of 12 months’ full time work in your current occupation in Alberta which was gained within the last 18 months. If you’re working outside Alberta (in or outside of Canada) you will require a minimum of 24 months’ full time work experience in your current occupation gained in the last 30 months. If you are working with a Post Graduation Work Permit you only require 6 months’ full time work experience gained within the last 18 months. 
  9. Work performed as an internship, as part of a work program, or done during your education does not count toward your work experience for this program.  
  10. Language proficiency in English or French at CLB 4 or higher, except for the following exceptions:
    * Applications under NOC 3413 require CLB 7 or higher
    * Applications under NOC level 0, A or B require CLB 5 or higher.
  11. A high-school level of education or higher. If you are a Post-Graduation Work Permit holder you will need a suitable degree, diploma, or certificate to verify completion of studies.
  12. You may be required to pass a medical, criminal, or security exam conducted by the province. 
  1. The employer offering the job must be incorporated or registered under an act of the legislature of a province, territory, or the Parliament of Canada and operating as a business that has an established production capability, plant or place of business in Alberta.
  2. The offer must be for continuous paid work.
  3. The position must be full time
  4. The position must be in your current occupation
  5. Wages must meet or exceed provincial minimum wage, meet or exceed the specifics in your LMIA. In case your LMIA is exempt, the wage must meet the lowest starting wage for your occupation across all industries in Alberta. 
  6. The position must be in an eligible occupation under the AINP and meet AINP work requirements. 
  7. A job offer from an employment place which is not zoned for commercial or industrial operations will not be eligible. 
  8. An offer to work outside of Alberta isn’t eligible.
Ineligible occupations

* NOC code classification contains both eligible and ineligible occupations. Ineligible occupations are listed in the chart. 

Express Entry

Alberta’s Express Entry stream targets candidates with strong ties to Alberta, or candidates who are able to contribute to the province’s agendas, such as economic growth or diversification. 

  1. Active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
  2. Demonstrate interest and intent to relocate to Alberta permanently. 
  3. Employment in an occupation that contributes to Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
  4. Minimal CRS score of 300. 
  5. Meet the requirements of one of the immigration programs under the Express Entry system (for more information on Express Entry check our Express Entry page). 
  6. A job offer from an employer in Alberta is not mandatory, but it will enhance your overall score. 
  7. Graduation from a post-secondary institution in Canada is not required but can enhance your overall score. 
  8. A parent/child/sibling residing in Canada is not mandatory, but will enhance your overall score. 
  9. If your Express Entry profile is due to expire in 3 months or less, your overall score will decrease. 
  10. Working in an occupation from the list of Opportunity Stream ineligible occupations will decrease your overall score. 
  11. Working in an occupation that has a high volume of of submissions under any stream of the AINP will decrease your score.  

Self-Employed Farmer

The Self-Employed Farmer stream is designed to attract farm owners and managers to contribute to the growth of Alberta’s farming industry. 

  1. Prove your farm management skills by providing documents to verify one, several, or all of the following:
    * financial existence of a current farm business.
    * Your education, training, or work experience on a farm. 
    * Your business plan for the farm you intend to manage in Alberta.
    * A Canadian financial establishment is interested in funding your farming business.
  2. A minimum investment of $500,000 in a primary production farming business in Alberta.
  3. A minimum net worth of $500,000 or documents confirming your ability to access similar funds.
  4. Demonstrate ability to invest more than the minimal requirement. 
  5. A business plan to document your investment. 

Canada Immigration Services provides first class service for business immigration.

Dreaming Of Moving To Alberta?