Marketing Manager Jobs in Canada: Options, Tips, & More
You’ve found the best article to seek for marketing manager job insights in Canada, especially if you’re about to move to Canada or are a recent immigrant.
The three largest cities in Canada—Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal—are the primary marketplaces for marketing positions in that nation. A variety of marketing manager opportunities are available in these three cities, which are home to some of the biggest marketing agencies and businesses in the entire nation.
Therefore, you won’t have a hard time trying to find a job in Canada as a marketing manager at all and we tell you all the right steps and more in the following sections, so make sure to read till the very end!
Table of Contents
How to Apply for Marketing Manager Jobs in Canada
1. Fix your CV/Resume to Canadian Standards
Making sure that your resume is up to Canadian-standards is the first most important step on your journey to getting as many job offers as you possibly can!
2. Secure a Job in Canada
Whether you search for a marketing manager job in Canada or outside the country, you have several options to try when it comes to landing the job!
In Canada, you may easily secure a marketing manager job by:
- Looking for employers who appear to meet your particular job experience
Search their website for any updated job listings.
- Attend job fairs to look for a job or arrange to meet with employers.
- Check newspapers and online job boards for postings in Canada.
3. Get Expert Assistance
Our immigration professionals here at CanadaCIS can help you throughout every step of your process to ensure that you secure a job in Canada, obtain a work permit, ace required language tests, and more!
5. Schedule Your Ticket to Canada
Once you’ve acquired a marketing manager job in Canada, received your work visa, and paid any immigration fees required prior to your arrival, the only thing left to do is book your plane ticket to Canada and take advantage of all the opportunities the country has to offer to marketing managers such as yourself.
Top Immigration Programs for Marketing Managers
Here are the top 2 immigration programs made specifically for marketing managers, to learn more about them check this list out!
The Federal Qualified Worker Immigration Program (FSWP), which is under the Express Entry System, is a popular option for skilled marketing managers. The reason why this pathway is popular is due to it’s fast and flexible application process, which can take as little as 6-months.
You may be eligible for this pathway if you’ve acquire:
- A minimum of one year of experience working as a marketing manager
- Excellent command of the English or French language (speaking, writing, talking, and listening)
- Secondary education
- Must have at least $12, 960 CAD before moving.
The Provincial Nominee Program, which is feasible for candidates with fewer Ielts band score and who prefer to work/come to a specific province of their choice, is the second fastest and easiest way to immigrate to Canada. With the use of pathway, Canadian provinces and territories can suggest skilled marketing managers who are interested in relocating there.
Average Salary in Canada's Marketing Industry
In Canada, the average yearly salary for a marketing manager is roughly $209,000 CAD. The lowest salary is $111,000 CAD, while the highest is $317,000 CAD (highest).
This is the typical annual pay after housing, transportation, and other amenities. Depending on factors including region, gender, experience, and talents, marketing manager wages might vary greatly.
Marketing Manager Jobs in Canada FAQ
1. Are marketing managers in demand in Canada?
Yes, to answer briefly. Those who are interested in a career in marketing managerial roles can easily find employment in Canada.
2. Is marketing better than HR in Canada?
Yes marketing traditionally pays higher than HR, so choosing to apply for a marketing managerial role in Canada will surely come with high salaries and generous benefits.
3. What are the qualifications of a marketing manager in Canada?
In Canada, you’ll need to acquire the following criteria:
- The capacity to market goods and services
- Superior verbal speaking abilities
- The capacity to take initiative
- Must be meticulous and detail-oriented
- Must have leadership skills
- Math expertise
- Skills and abilities in business management
- Knowledge of customers
- Must possess the confidence necessary to utilize a computer and the major software programs used in the current marketing trends.
4. Which degree is best for marketing manager?
Consider obtaining a degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or a similar discipline if you’re thinking about a job in marketing. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a marketing specialization can help you stand out from other candidates towards Canadian employers.