Turismo in Canada

Canada Citizenship Immigration Services - Ti portiamo in Canada.

Canada Citizenship Immigration Services

Il Canada ti dà il benvenuto come turista, studente o lavoratore temporaneo. Più di 30 millioni di persone visitano il Canada ogni anno. I turisti possono godersi tantissime opportunità offerte dal Canada.

Depending on the country you are coming from and the reason for your visit, you will need to meet certain entry requirements. In some cases, if you plan to stay in Canada for a certain period of time you will need what many people call a Tourist Visa or a Visitor Visa. That is in fact a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).

Do I need a Visa just to enter Canada?

A temporary visa (or a tourist visa/visitor visa) may be required for entry into Canada. Some countries are exempt, whereas other countries require a visa even when only plan to stay for a short time:

Visit – If you plan to stay in Canada for a limited period of time which does not surpass 6 consecutive months.

Study – Studying in Canada requires you to have a study permit, a student visa, or a temporary resident visa – depending on your individual situation. 

Transit – Depending on your country of origin but regardless of your final destination, you may require a Canada tourist visa to transit through Canadian airports. 

There are two types of Temporary Resident Visas: 

Single Entry Visa

A single-entry visa allows you to enter Canada once.

When you arrive at the point of entry in Canada, an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency will make sure you meet the requirements to enter Canada. The officer will authorize your stay by placing a stamp in your passport or issuing an additional document, or both.

If there is no stamp, handwritten expiration date or document in your passport, your temporary resident status will expire six months from the day you entered Canada. If you were given a visitor record, a student permit or a work permit, the expiry date is marked on the document.

If you leave Canada during your authorized stay, you will need to get a new visitor visa to re-enter Canada. However, you can visit the United States or Saint-Pierre et Miquelon and return to Canada without getting a new visa, as long as you:

Return within the initial period authorized by the immigration officer or have a valid visitor record, a work permit, a study permit or a temporary resident permit (authorizing re-entry) and return within the initial period authorized by the officer.


Multiple Entry Visa


A multiple entry visa allows you to enter Canada several times during the period while your visa is valid.

A multiple entry visa is valid for a maximum of five years or one month prior to the expiry date on the passport or re-entry visa, whichever is earlier.

If a multiple entry visa is approved, it will allow you to enter and leave Canada repeatedly during the validity period of the visa. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa. You cannot get a multiple entry visa for a period that ends after the expiry date of your passport. If your passport will expire soon, you should renew it before you apply for your visa.

If you want to visit several other countries or return to your own country before coming back to Canada, you will need a multiple entry visa. If you plan to visit Canada frequently, a multiple entry visa is recommended.

Is a Temporary Visa Automatically Approved?

While requirements for a tourist visa are not as severe as those of a permanent visa, approval is not guaranteed. There are specific requirements, as well as specific causes for refusal of entry.

  1. Have a valid travel document such as a passport or any other document which is accepted by IRCC. Your stay will have to end before the expiration date of your travel document. Your travel document will require a free page where IRCC officers can place your visa. 
  2. Be in good health.
  3. Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions.
  4. No proven participation in criminal activity, human rights violations, or organized crime.
  5. Provide persuasive verification of ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—in your home country, that will draw you back at the end of your visit.
  6. Demonstrate clear and persuasive intent to leave Canada at the end of your visit in your encounter with an immigration officer.
  7. Have sufficient funds for your stay.
  8. In some cases you may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone residing in Canada.

Forms & Resources


Class Info & Schedules
Co-Partnering Tips
Custody Options Packet
Relocation & Custodial Parents


Support Calculator
Release of Claim
Mediation Program
Accident Claim Packet


New Client Information
Financial Declaration
Vital Statistics

Do You Want To Visit Canada But Need More Information?